ArtFields is a new artfest happening right here in our city April 19-28, 2013! This ten-day art contest, one of the largest visual art competitions in the Southeast, will take place April 19-28, 2013, awarding $100,000 in cash prizes to winning artists. Business operators will play an integral role in bringing ArtFields to full fruition by hosting and exhibiting official competition Entries. The Entries will consist of photography, painting, sculpture and much more!
Who can be a venue?
Any space located within the ArtFields boundary map is eligible to enter to be a venue.
Check out the ArtFields boundaries on a map.
ArtFields Venue Eligibility Requirements
- Venue agrees to adhere to the guidelines set forth in the ArtFields Artist and Venue Hosting Agreement.
- Venue must be located within the downtown perimeter determined by the Lake City Partnership Council and ArtFields. See boundaries on a map here.
- Business/property owner must consult with the Arts and Cultural Relations Coordinator to determine exhibition space within the venue and agree upon the installation restrictions (i.e. hardware permitted on venue walls, etc.).
- Venue must have central heating and air with a temperature not to exceed 72 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the duration of the Entry’s storage and exhibition.
- If venue does not have track lighting that can be focused on the Entry, the venue operator is financially and physically responsible for installing clamp lights in the ceiling. (The Arts and Cultural Relations Coordinator can determine the lighting needs during your consultation.)
- Venue must have working locks on all windows and entry points to ensure the security of the Entries during closed hours.
- Venue must disclose all current water leak locations for the security of the Entries.
- Venue agrees to schedule an installation appointment during the week of April 15-18, 2013 with the Arts and Cultural Relations Coordinator for the Entries to be installed by the professional staff assigned.
- Venue shall not charge an admission fee to the public to view the Entries during the ArtFields period. The portion of the Venue in which the Entry will be displayed must be available for public access during normal working hours and the additional following times during the ArtFields period:
ArtFields “Universal” Viewing Times
Date Time Friday, April 19 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Saturday, April 20 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Sunday, April 21 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday, April 22 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 23 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Wednesday, April 24 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Thursday, April 25 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Friday, April 26 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Saturday, April 27 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Sunday, April 28 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The Arts and Cultural Relations Director, Erin Glaze Nathanson, is available to consult on venue exhibition space available. Please contact her by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.