When is Venue Registration?
Venue registration opens on Monday, September 15, 2015
Who can be a Venue?
Any space located within the ArtFields® district is eligible to enter to be a venue and agrees to the ArtFields® Venue Rules. Check out the ArtFields® district on a map.
What are the Venue Rules and Guidelines?
Please refer to the ArtFields® 2016 Venue Rules or at the ArtFields® Gallery located at 110 East Main Street, Lake City, SC 29560.
Does the Venue receive commission on the sale of the artwork?
Yes, the Venue is responsible for processing payment of the Entry and for collecting, reporting, and remitting applicable state and local sales taxes. Sales and other taxes must be collected by the Venue at the time of the sales transaction. In exchange for processing the transaction, the Vendor may retain 20% of the sales tax, less applicable taxes. The Artist must receive payment of the remaining 80% of the sales price, less applicable taxes, no later than June 9, 2016.
When does the Venue need to be open for artwork to be seen by visitors?
The portion of the Venue in which the Entry will be displayed must be available for public access during hours listed in the ArtFields® Required Viewing Times for Competition Artwork.
- ArtFields® Required Viewing Times for Competition Artwork
Date Time Friday, April 22, 2016 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Saturday, April 23, 2016 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Sunday, April 24, 2016 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday, April 25, 2016 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 26, 2016 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, April 27, 2016 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Thursday, April 28, 2016 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Friday, April 29, 2016 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Saturday, April 30, 2016 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. *Sunday, May 1, 2016 for Removal of Artwork 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Is the Venue responsible for the Artist’s Entry?
The Venue is responsible to secure and safeguard the Entry and packaging materials throughout the ArtFields® period and during installation and removal.
How does the Venue invite the Artist?
Once both the Artist and the Venue meet the eligibility requirements and are selected for the competition, the Venue will meet with the ArtFields® Art Team for selection of Entries. The official ArtFields® Venue will then invite the Artist by email, which will include an ArtFields® Artist and Venue Hosting Agreement that details all terms and requirements.
How does the Venue receive the Artist’s Entry?
After the official ArtFields® Venue has invited the Entry, both parties will coordinate with each other on the method of delivery of the Entry (meaning whether the Artist will ship or hand-deliver Entry to the Venue). UPS and United States Postal Service are the two methods most convenient and expedient for the Lake City, SC, area. Site-Specific and Installations that have been accepted must be delivered, installed and removed by the artist upon appointment with ArtFields® Art Team and Venue.
Is the Venue responsible for shipment cost to and from the Venue?
No. The Artist will be responsible for the cost of transporting or shipping the Entry to the venue. In addition, the Artist must include a pre-paid return-shipping label for the venue to return the Entry at the conclusion of ArtFields®.
Does the Venue insure the Artist’s Entry?
No. The Artist is responsible for obtaining and maintaining insurance relating to the Entry at his/her own cost and expense or otherwise be liable for risks relating to the Entry’s display and public exhibition in connection with ArtFields®.
Who installs the artwork?
A team of trained art handlers will be installing the entries at each official Venue. Placement of artwork within the Venue will be at the sole discretion of the ArtFields® Art Team. Site-Specific and Installations that have been accepted must be delivered, installed and removed by the artist upon appointment with ArtFields® Art Team and with Venue.
Who provides labels for the artwork?
The ArtFields® team will provide official labels for competition artwork.
What does the Venue do with the Artist’s packaging/box/wrapping/crate during the ArtFields® event?
The Venue will need to store the artist’s packaging materials and the artist’s pre-paid return shipping label to be used for the removal and return of artist’s Entry.
For venue inquiries, please contact the Art Team at (843) 374-0180 or e-mail ArtTeam@artfieldssc.org.