When is Venue Registration?
Venue registration opens on Monday, October 7, 2013 and ends Friday, October 18, 2013.
Who can be a Venue?
Any space located within the ArtFields district is eligible to enter to be a venue and agrees to the ArtFields Venue Rules and Eligibility. Check out the ArtFields district on a map.
℠ 2014 Venue Rules and Eligibility
- Venue must be located within the downtown area determined by the Lake City
Partnership Council and ArtFields. See boundaries on a map here for ArtFields district.
- Business/property owner must consult with the ArtFields teams beginning October 7, 2013 to determine exhibition space within the venue and agree upon the installation procedures, restrictions and lighting requirements (i.e. hardware permitted on venue walls, installing temporary clamp lights, etc.).
- Venue must have central heating and air with a temperature not to exceed 72 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the duration of the Entry’s storage and exhibition.
- Venue must have working locks on all windows and entry points to ensure the security of the Entries during closed hours.
- Venue must disclose all current water leak locations for the security of the Entries.
- Venue agrees to schedule an appointment with the Fine Arts Coordinator to select Entries from competition artists and begin the invitation process with Artist.
- After Venue selects a competition Artist, Venue must sign an Artist and Venue Hosting Agreement with the selected competition Artist. Venue agrees to adhere to the terms set forth in the Artist and Venue Hosting Agreement.
- Venue agrees to schedule an appointment during the week of March 17, 2014 with the Fine Arts Coordinator. This installation appointment will be held in the Venue and will determine the location of each Entry for installation.
- Venue agrees to coordinate with the Artist for receiving and returning of Entry. Entries are to be received no earlier than Monday, April 7, 2014 and be returned no later than Saturday, May 10, 2014.
- Venue can sell artwork through their Venue and will retain 20% of sales price, less applicable taxes, except artwork selected as awardee of Top Prize and Juried Panel Prize will be transferred to Lake City Partnership Council.
- Venue shall not charge an admission fee to the public to view the Entries during the ArtFields period.
- The portion of the Venue in which the Entry will be displayed must be available for public access the hours listed below during the ArtFields period.
ArtFields Required Viewing Times for Competition Artwork
Date Time Friday, April 25, 2014 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Saturday, April 26, 2014 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Sunday, April 27, 2014 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday, April 28, 2014 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, April 30, 2014 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Thursday, May 1, 2014 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Friday, May 2, 2014 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Saturday, May 3, 2014 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Sunday, May 4, 2014 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Does the Venue receive commission on sale of artwork?
Yes, the Venue is responsible for processing payment of the Entry and for collecting, reporting, and remitting applicable state and local sales taxes. Sales and other taxes must be collected at the time of the sales transaction. In exchange for processing the transaction, the Vendor may retain 20% of the sales price less applicable taxes. The Artist will receive payment of the remaining 80% of the sales price, less applicable taxes, not later than Monday, June 9, 2014.
When does the Venue need to be open for artwork to be seen by visitors?
The portion of the Venue in which the Entry will be displayed must be available for public access during hours listed in the ArtFields Required Viewing Times for Competition Artwork.
Is the Venue responsible for the Artist’s Entry?
The Venue is responsible to secure and safeguard the Entry throughout the ArtFields period and during installation and removal.
How does the Venue invite the Artist?
Once the Artist is eligible and the Venue is eligible, the Venue will meet with the Fine Arts Coordinator for selection of Entries. The official ArtFields Venue will then invite the Artist to exhibit his/her work during the ten-day artfest.
How does the Venue receive the Artist’s Entry?
After the official ArtFields Venue has invited the Entry, both parties will coordinate with each other on the method of delivery of the Entry (meaning whether the Artist will ship or hand-deliver Entry to the Venue). UPS and United States Postal Service are the two methods most convenient and expedient for the Lake City, SC, area.
Is the Venue responsible for shipment cost to and from the Venue?
No. The Artist will be responsible for the shipment of the Entry to the venue. In addition, the Artist must include a pre-paid return-shipping label for the venue to
return the Entry at the conclusion of ArtFields.
Does the Venue insure the Artist’s Entry?
No. The Artist will obtain and maintain insurance relating to the Entry at his/her own cost and expense or otherwise be liable for risks relating to the Entry’s display and public exhibition in connection with ArtFields.
Who installs the artwork?
A team of art-handling professionals, will be installing the Entries at each of the approved, selected venues.
Who provides labels for the artwork?
The ArtFields team will provide official labels for competition artwork.
What does the Venue do with the Artist’s packaging/box/wrapping/crate during the ArtFields event?
The Venue will need to store the Artist’s packaging materials and the Artist’s pre-paid return shipping label to be used for the removal and return of Artist’s Entry.
What is an Artist Talk and how is it scheduled?
An Artist Talk is a timed event to give the artist an opportunity to speak about his/her competition artwork. Once the Artist is invited by the designated venue, the Artist may contact the venue to arrange an Artist Talk during ArtFields.
For venue inquiries, please contact the Art Team at (843) 374-0180 or e-mail ArtTeam@artfieldssc.org.