March 19, 2021
ArtFields 2021: Safety First
Photo taken during ArtFields 2019.
Welcome to ArtFields 2021! After a year without the event, we are even more excited to welcome everyone to Lake City. With our great fortune to be able to host this event comes great responsibility to keep our community and visitors safe. In addition to the in-person event, we will continue to have our online gallery of all artwork, for both adult and student artists. We’ll also be live streaming the awards portion of finale night so everyone can tune in to see the exciting presentation of winners! Read on to learn more about precautions we have in place for those attending the event in person in Lake City. Click here for the schedule of events!
Firstly, our event was naturally encouraging social distancing before it was a necessity. With over 40 venues around our 68 acre downtown, there will be lots of competition pieces to see in a setting where you can maintain your distance and comfort level. Additionally, outdoor competition pieces and public art projects will give visitors an extra reason to be outside. We’ve made slight changes to other events as well to help enhance the ArtFields experience. These changes earned us approval from the SC Department of Commerce to hold our event. The need for approval of events has been lifted in the state, but we still plan on implementing our COVID-19 safety plan. Masks will be required whenever possible and we continue to defer to CDC guidelines and the City of Lake City’s mask ordinance as we move closer to the event.
Artwork Venues. Each of our venues has agreed to the following precautions:
- Practice social distancing standards.
- Provide sanitizing measures for the public to utilize.
- Require employees to wear face coverings/masks.
- Increase regular disinfection and cleaning.
- Previously held inside, the market will move to the Truluck Properties at 152 E Main Street to allow for an open air setting while still offering protection from rain.
- Makers will be wearing masks and we ask that all visitors wear masks as they will interact with makers closely while making purchases.
- We ask that visitors be mindful of handling items that they do not intend to purchase.
- This fan-favorite event will continue to be held in the Bean Market.
- Artists and models will be spread out further and artists will be masked.
- Viewing will only be from the elevated sides of the Bean Market.
- Temperatures will be checked as people enter the building.
- Doors will be marked for separate entrance and exits.
- Capacity will be limited to 50%.
- This event will now take place outside on Village Green on Friday, April 30 in the evening from 5-7PM.
- The space on Village Green allows for social distancing as well as open air movement.
- In the past, visitors have needed to stop by the Welcome Center (110 E Main Street) to be activated to vote for People’s Choice. This year we are making 4 activation stations to reduce crowds at the Welcome Center:
- Welcome Center, 110 E Main Street
- TRAX Visual Art Center, 118 Sauls Street
- Jones-Carter Gallery, 105 Henry Street
- The ROB, 245 S Church Street
If you have any additional recommendations for our precaution plan, or any questions about the event, please email [email protected] Our top priority is to keep our community and visitors safe while providing a unique way to celebrate artwork and connect to people that has been missing for many months. We hope to see you soon!