August 27, 2021
ArtFields Call for Submissions Opens September 1st
“Sarracenia Alabamensis” by Logan Tanner hangs in Main Street Mercantile during ArtFields 2021. ArtFields offers a unique display of art as local businesses transform into art galleries during the event. Photo by Dawson Powers.
We are excited to once again begin our annual call to artists in the 12 Southeastern states! Adult artists working in all mediums from Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia are eligible to submit to ArtFields.
ArtFields is a nine-day visual art competition and exhibition in Lake City, SC. Accepted artwork is displayed all over town as restaurants, flower shops, boutiques, and more become art galleries. ArtFields was designed to celebrate the immense talent of Southeastern artists, while also showcasing art in non-traditional or unintimidating locations. Through participation in ArtFields, you’re part of a dream to create accessible avenues in which to view art.
We encourage you to read the rules here and apply beginning on September 1st here. Below is information to gather before applying. If you have any questions, please email [email protected]rtfieldssc.org or call 843-374-0180.
What to prepare:
- Basic contact information and artist biography.
- Photographs of the artwork you’ll be submitting. The selection panel views all the work online, so the better your photos showcase your work, the better off you’ll be.
- An artist statement that accompanies the piece. We recommend writing this out in a blank document or your Notes app and copying it in. There is a 1,000 character limit.
- Dimensions of your artwork.
- Sale price of your work, if available for sale.
- Call For Entries – September 1 – November 1, 2021
- Selected Artists Notified – December 17, 2021
- Accepted artwork delivered to Lake City – March 25 – April 2, 2022
- ArtFields 2022 – April 22 – 30, 2022