October 7, 2020
New Public Art Opportunity for ArtFields 2021
ArtFields 2016 competition piece “Topos” by Kevan Hoertdoerfer and Vassiliki Falkehag.
Do you have a BIG idea for ArtFields 2021?
We’re excited to announce a brand-new aspect of ArtFields for our 2021 event! In addition to the competition you’ve loved each year, there will be large scale/installation pieces in key places outside around downtown. Each year, we hear from artists with large outdoor pieces that transporting their work to Lake City is just not feasible for a 9-day period. Because of the nature of the competition, we’re unable to offer assistance. With this new initiative, we aim to make ArtFields a place to explore artists’ big ideas. Artists from the 12 Southeastern states of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia are eligible. Click HERE to submit a proposal for our new public art grant opportunity.
Now let’s get down to the details:
- Artists can submit a proposal from December 1st, 2020 to February 1st, 2021.
- Needs (ex. Volunteers, artist fee, accommodation, materials, transportation)
- Up to 5 projects will be invited to install their work beginning March 2021 for display through ArtFields 2021 into early 2022. Grants will be awarded in the amount of $3,000 to cover artist fee, transportation, materials, etc.
- Selected artists will be offered assistance to bring their artwork to Lake City and install.
- This is NOT part of the competition. If artists are accepted into the competition and invited to install public art, they must choose which to participate in.
- Please email any questions to [email protected]!
Click HERE to submit your proposal before February 1st, 2021.