October 7, 2020
New Public Art Opportunity for ArtFields 2021
ArtFields 2016 competition piece “Topos” by Kevan Hoertdoerfer and Vassiliki Falkehag.
Do you have a BIG idea for ArtFields 2021?
We’re excited to announce a brand-new aspect of ArtFields for our 2021 event! In addition to the competition you’ve loved each year, there will be large scale/installation pieces in key places outside around downtown. Each year, we hear from artists with large outdoor pieces that transporting their work to Lake City is just not feasible for a 9-day period. Because of the nature of the competition, we’re unable to offer assistance. With this new initiative, we aim to make ArtFields a place to explore artists’ big ideas.
Now let’s get down to the details:
- Artists can submit a proposal from December 1st, 2020 to February 1st, 2021.
- Needs (ex. Volunteers, accommodation, materials, transportation)
- Up to 5 artists will be invited to install their work beginning March 2021 for display through ArtFields 2021 into early 2022.
- Selected artists will be offered assistance to bring their artwork to Lake City and install.
- This is NOT part of the competition. If artists are accepted into the competition and invited to install public art, they must choose which to participate in.
- Please email any questions to [email protected]!