When does artist registration open?
January 7, 2013
When does artist registration close?
February 7, 2013
Who is eligible to enter the art contest?
- The artist must be 18+ years of age on or before February 7, 2013.
- The artist must be a resident of one of the 12 Southeastern states (Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia) for 6 consecutive months prior to the registration date.
- The artist’s Entry must be shown in an ArtFields registered venue.
- The artist’s Entry must not infringe on third party rights.
- The artist’s Entry must be created within 1 year of the registration date.
- The artist’s submitted work must be wholly owned by the artist.
- The artist is not required to travel to Lake City, SC; your entry will be installed by an art-handling professional directed by the Art Team.
- The artist must pay the $25 registration fee (non-refundable).
- The artist must complete registration by Thursday, February 7th at 5:00 PM EST.
- The artists agree that winning works and reproduction rights will be the sole property of Lake City Partnership Council and ArtFields.
- Outside sale of the accepted work is not means for substitution of work for the competition. Artist may sell artwork during the artfest but should not process the sale until after the award announcement.
What kind of artwork can be submitted?
Artists can submit 2-D and 3-D pieces, including but not limited to painting, sculpture, photography, drawing, digital media, and installation art.
*Installation artists must be present one week before ArtFields opens to install their work in the designated venue.
How will art be chosen for the competition?
Art submissions will be reviewed by an independent panel of visual arts professionals. The top-rated 400 artists will be invited to exhibit and compete.
When will the artist know if he/she is selected for competition in ArtFields 2013?
Artists will be contacted by e-mail no later than February 17, 2013.
Does the artist choose the venue?
No, the artist, once eligible, will be invited by an official ArtFields venue to exhibit his/her work during the ten-day artfest.
Does the entry have to be for sale?
No, but we do need to know the value of your piece for our records. We will list the work as NFS (not for sale) on your entry’s label. *In the event your entry is a winning piece, the artist agrees that the winning work and reproduction rights will be the sole property of Lake City Partnership Council and ArtFields.
Is the artist responsible for insuring the entry?
Yes. The venue assumes no responsibility for insuring the artwork. Companies such as Fractured Atlas provide insurance for artists that have works in their studios, galleries, and/or remote locations.
Is the artist responsible for shipment costs to and from the venue?
Yes. The artist will be responsible for the shipment of the entry to the venue and must include a pre-paid return-shipping label for the venue to return the work at the conclusion of ArtFields.
How does artist and venue hosting work?
Once selected, the artist will be contacted by email with an ArtFields Artist and Venue Hosting Agreement detailing all rules and requirements.
What are the media guidelines?
SlideRoom can accept the following file formats:
- Images (up to 5 MB or 10 MB with large files enabled): .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .tif, .tiff, .bmp, .tga
- Videos (up to 60 MB or 120 MB with large files enabled): .m4v, .mov, .mp4, .wmv, .flv, .asf, .mpeg, .mpg, .mkv
What size should videos be?
SlideRoom accepts videos that are up to 60 MB in size (up to 120 MB when larger media files are enabled for the program). So long as the files meet the size requirement our processors will prepare them for the SlideRoom software.
For artist inquiries, please contact the Art Team at (843) 633-1235 or e-mail ArtTeam@artfieldssc.org.