How to Submit:
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS IS NOW OPEN!
- Login or Sign up for a Slideroom account.
- Create an Artist profile by filling out your contact information.
- Proceed to the ArtFields 2014 Competition Call for Submissions.
- Complete the following sections to submit your work for consideration:
- Residency Certification
- About the Artwork
- If you are submitting a 2-D work, you do not need to submit more than 1 image. If you are submitting a 3-D work, you can submit up to 4 images of the same artwork from different perspectives.
- If you are submitting a video/digital work you may only upload/share a direct link to one work through YouTube and/or Vimeo. Please do not direct the panel of reviewers to a link with multiple works.
- If you are a site-specific installation artist please provide two to four images of previous works that best represent what you will create on-site in Lake City, SC for ArtFields. *Please use the About the Artwork section to express what you envision for ArtFields. All areas will need to be completed, including but not limited to the dimensions so that we may plan for your submission accordingly when pairing invited work with an official ArtFields Venue.
- Please do not sell your work that is being entered in ArtFields. Once your work is submitted, a substitute will not be accepted for the competition.
SUBMISSION FEE IS $25.00
Step Two – Notification of Acceptance
1. All submissions will be reviewed by an independent panel of visual arts professionals and rated on a scale from 1 to 5 (1 = lowest score; 5 = highest score).
2. The top-rated 400 artists will be invited to exhibit during ArtFields 2014 in Lake City, South Carolina.
3. You will be contacted via e-mail no later than Wednesday, January 15, 2014.
Step Three – Venue Selection
1. Venues will view selected artworks through a private gallery on ArtFieldsSC.org.
2. You will be invited by the venue no later than Friday, February 21, 2014 via e-mail.
3. An Artist and Venue Hosting Agreement will be signed to confirm your participation.
4. Artist and Venue Hosting Agreement must be completed and returned by Friday, March 14, 2014.
The venues are responsible for consulting with the ArtFields Arts & Cultural Relations Director before inviting artists to exhibit in their space. This will ensure venues will display each artwork in the most fitting, safe environment with sufficient room for viewing.