ArtFields® 2016 Artist Rules
- The artist must be 18 years of age or older on or before November 16, 2016.
- The artist must be a resident of one of the 12 Southeastern states (Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia) for 6 consecutive months prior to the submission date.
- The artist’s submission must be original to the artist in concept, design, and execution, does not infringe upon any third party’s proprietary rights, and must not violate any intellectual property laws. An entry that has been copied from an existing photo (not the artist’s own), painting, graphic, advertisement, or any other work produced by another person is not eligible.
- Work entered must be in the original medium (for example, not a scanned reproduction or digitization of a painting, drawing, or other work).
- The artist’s work must be wholly owned by the Artist as of November 16, 2016 and must be completed within two years of the submission deadline.
- A series of work will not be accepted.
- ArtFields® 2016 winners (excluding Merit Awards) are not eligible to enter any entries until the 2018 competition.
- Artworks that are identical to, substantially similar to, or primarily representative of entries invited into previous ArtFields competitions, as determined in the discretion of ArtFields, are not eligible to compete.
- To remain eligible, Artists must sign an Artist and Venue Hosting Agreement with approved ArtFields Venue and adhere to all of the terms in the agreement. Click to see Artist and Venue Hosting Agreement.
SUBMISSIONS & FEES
- Established and emerging artist as well as collaborative artists may submit one 2-D or 3-D piece (for example, painting, sculpture, photography, drawing, mixed media, digital media, and installation art).
- Artist must complete online submission form, submit high-resolution images (at least 300dpi/1MB) and Artist must pay a $25 non-refundable entry fee through the Slideroom Submission Management Program accessed on www.artfieldssc.org by submission deadline Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 11:59 PM E.S.T.
- Concepts or works-in-progress may be submitted, as long as artists can clearly articulate their finished work through sketches and artist statements.
- Submitted images must represent the artist’s work as accurately and professionally as possible.
- Submitted works will be reviewed and rated online by a jury of visual arts professionals. The 400 top rated works of art will compete in Lake City, SC for the prize money.
GUIDELINES FOR ACCEPTED ARTWORK
- Artist will be notified of acceptance by January 4, 2017 through the e-mail account* provided in Slideroom and receive venue invitation by January 31, 2017. * It is the responsibility of the artist to keep their Slideroom e-mail account, email address, contact phone number, and current mailing address up-to-date.
- Once an artwork is accepted, the entry may not be sold or substituted by another work.
- Artwork accepted into the competition must be invited by and exhibited at an approved ArtFields® Venue for the duration of ArtFields®.
- Images of accepted artwork, artwork information including dimensions and price, artist statements, and artist biographies, submitted through Slideroom will be used for online and catalogue publication. The deadline for updated images of accepted work is Friday, February 3, 2017.
LOGISTICS FOR ACCEPTED ARTWORK
- The artist is responsible for transportation and cost of transportation of the artwork to, and removal of the artwork from, the Venue location. Artwork must arrive no earlier than March 15, 2017 and be removed no later than May 12, 2017.
- Site-Specific and Installations that have been accepted must be delivered, installed and removed by the artist upon appointment with ArtFields Art Team. Installation of site-specific work may begin March 20, 2017 with installation to be completed by April 5, 2017
- Except for installation artists (see above) Artists are not required to travel to Lake City, SC. A team of trained art handlers will be installing the Entries at each of the approved, selected Venues.
- Digital media that requires projection or monitor to display must be provided by the artist for installation and use during the ArtFields period.
- Entries that do not conform to their submitted digital image or submitted concept may be rejected, in the sole and exclusive discretion of ArtFields.
- Entries will be removed from competition based upon impracticability or impossibility of installation or continued exhibition or if they create issues with fire or safety hazards, as determined by ArtFields Art Team.
- Entries may be moved to another Venue at the discretion of ArtFields for any reason or no reason.
- Entries remaining after 6:00 p.m. on May 24, 2017, will be disposed of by Lake City Creative Alliance in its absolute and exclusive discretion, with no recourse or remedy available to the artist.
- The winners of the Top Prize, Juried Panel Prize, and People’s Choice 2-D and 3-D Awards agree to transfer all ownership of and reproduction rights of the artwork to the Lake City Creative Alliance. *All attempted sales of ArtFields® entries are considered “pending” until the end of the event on April 30, 2017. If the Top Prize award, Juried Panel Prize, and People’s Choice 2-D and 3-D awards are pending sale, those sales are voided upon acceptance of award.
For artist inquiries, please contact the ArtFields Art Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 843-374-0180.