ArtFields® 2016 Artist Rules
- The artist must be 18 years of age or older on or before November 14, 2015.
- The artist must be a resident of one of the 12 Southeastern states (Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia) for 6 consecutive months prior to the submission date.
- The artist’s submission must be original to the artist in concept, design, and execution, does not infringe upon any third party’s proprietary rights, and must not violate any intellectual property laws. An entry that has been copied from an existing photo (not the artist’s own), painting, graphic, advertisement, or any other work produced by another person is not eligible.
- Work entered must be in the original medium (for example, not a scanned reproduction or digitization of a painting, drawing, or other work).
- The artist’s work must be wholly owned by the Artist as of November 14, 2015 and must be completed within two years of the submission deadline.
- ArtFields® 2015 winners (excluding Honorable Mention Awards) are not eligible to enter any entries until the 2017 competition.
- Artworks that are identical to, substantially similar to, or primarily representative of entries invited into the ArtFields® 2015 competition, as determined in the discretion of ArtFields®, are not eligible to compete.
SUBMISSIONS & FEES
- Established and emerging artist as well as collaborative artists may submit one 2-D or 3-D piece (for example, painting, sculpture, photography, drawing, mixed media, digital media, and installation art).
- Artist must complete online submission form, submit high-resolution images (at least 300dpi/1MB) and Artist must pay a $25 non-refundable entry fee through the Slideroom Submission Management Program accessed on www.artfieldssc.org.
- Concepts or works-in-progress may be submitted, as long as artists can clearly articulate their finished work through sketches and artist statements.
- Submitted images must represent the artist’s work as accurately and professionally as possible.
- Submitted works will be reviewed and rated online by a jury of visual arts professionals. The 400 top rated works of art will compete in Lake City, SC for the prize money.
GUIDELINES FOR ACCEPTED ARTWORK
- Artist will be notified of acceptance by January 4, 2016 through the e-mail account* provided in Slideroom and receive venue invitation by January 22, 2016. * Slideroom e-mail account, email address, contact phone number, and current mailing address must be kept up-to-date.
- Once an artwork is accepted, the entry may not be sold or substituted by another work.
- Artwork accepted into the competition must be invited by and exhibited at an approved ArtFields® Venue for the duration of ArtFields®.
- To remain eligible, Artists must sign an Artist and Venue Hosting Agreement with an approved ArtFields® Venue and adhere to all of the terms in the agreement.
- Images of accepted artwork, artwork information including dimensions and price, artist statements, and artist biographies, submitted through Slideroom will be used for online and catalogue publication.
LOGISTICS FOR ACCEPTED ARTWORK
- The artist is responsible for transportation and cost of transportation of the artwork to, and removal of the artwork from, the Venue location. Artwork must arrive no earlier than March 23, 2016 and be removed no later than May 8, 2016.
- Site-Specific and Installations that have been accepted must be delivered, installed and removed by the artist upon appointment with ArtFields® Art Team. Installation of site-specific work may begin March 28, 2016 with installation to be completed by April 11, 2016.
- Except for installation artists (see above), Artists are not required to travel to Lake City, SC. A team of trained art handlers will be installing the Entries at each of the approved, selected Venues.
- Digital media that requires projection or monitor to display must be provided by the artist for installation and use during the ArtFields® period.
- Entries that do not conform to their submitted digital image or submitted concept may be rejected, in the sole and exclusive discretion of ArtFields®.
- Entries will be removed from competition based upon impracticability or impossibility of installation or continued exhibition or if they create issues with fire or safety hazards.
- Entries may be moved to another Venue at the discretion of ArtFields® for any reason or no reason.
- Entries remaining after 6:00 p.m. on May 23, 2016, will be disposed of by Lake City Partnership Council, in its absolute and exclusive discretion, with no recourse or remedy available to the artist.
- The winners of the Top Prize and Juried Panel Prize agree to transfer all ownership of and reproduction rights of the artwork to the Lake City Partnership Council. *All attempted sales of ArtFields® entries are considered “pending” until the end of the event on May 1, 2016. If the Top Prize award and Juried Panel Prize are pending sale, those sales are voided upon acceptance of award.
- The winners of the People’s Choice 2-D and People’s Choice 3-D agree to grant to Lake City Partnership Council an irrevocable limited, permanent license to reproduce the artwork for the purposes of promotion of ArtFields® and Lake City Partnership Council.
For artist inquiries, please contact the ArtFields® Art Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 843-374-0180.