October 1, 2023
Why You Should Submit for ArtFields 2024
ArtFields 2023 Juror and former Grand Prize Winner Noah Scalin leads the artists out to the awards ceremony.
The submission deadline for ArtFields 2024 is quickly approaching on November 1st. You might have seen some of our reminders and be wondering, why should I submit? We’ve got a few reasons and some of our part participating artists have chimed in as well via social media!
You should submit to ArtFields because…
- The celebration in Lake City is like no other! The town truly has a magical feel as an entire community rallies around celebrating art and artists.
- You could win one of our amazing prizes. ArtFields 2024 will award over $100,000 in prizes, including the $50,000 Grand Prize and amazing opportunities from our Southeastern partners.
- It’s fun to get to see your art displayed outside of traditional white gallery walls. Part of what makes ArtFields special is that we turn the entire town into a gallery so artwork is installed everywhere from barber shops to history centers. The effect is a whole town literally being an art gallery instead of just one or two buildings.
- “ArtFields is down home Southern hospitality coupled with a diverse range of great art. And it’s really FUN!” -MyLoan Dinh
- “The hospitality of Lake City’s residents and business owners. Seeing the work from some of the best artists in the Southeast all in the same place.” -Tim Reid
- “Everyone treats the artists like royalty!” – Ann Harwell
- “Meeting other artists from different states, being a part of a great event which is perfectly organized. Challenging yourself to create something worth showing off” -Lana Lechkina